The Flynn Insurance Agency has been offering voluntary benefits to
SEIU Local 509 members since 1984.
SEIU LOCAL 509- Auto/Home Insurance Program
For members of SEIU local 509 we offer various savings and bill payment options (no down payment, payroll deduction)* for 509 members.
As an independent agent, the Flynn Insurance Agency offers SEIU Local 509 members numerous discounts and credits from various insurance carriers. If you sign up, you can elect to have your automobile and homeowner’s insurance premium payroll-deducted directly from your paycheck. This is a member offered benefit*.
Along with the convenience of payroll deducting your auto (and/or home insurance) you will also avoid all service fees, late fees and finance charges–all while taking advantage of the longest running bill payment installment available.
5% Group Auto Insurance Discount
The Flynn Insurance Agency, in conjunction with the Plymouth Rock Assurance Company and SEIU Local 509, is pleased to announce that we have successfully secured a 5% group auto insurance discount for all 509 members with the Massachusetts Division of Insurance. This is a member only benefit and can offer a significant savings!
Enjoy a 5% group discount in addition to the many other discounts being offered by the Plymouth Rock Assurance Company* (such as AAA membership discount, combined auto and home insurance discount, early shopper discount, e-document discount, and many others).
See how much we can save you!
*Please note, that currently our no down payment, payroll deducted auto/home insurance program is only available to those SEIU local 509 members that are public sector employees and are paid directly by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
Guaranteed Issued Benefits Program
Open enrollment has begun for our new voluntary insurance products, underwritten by Boston Mutual Life Insurance Company. This program has been designed specifically for SEIU Local 509 members and is a member only benefit. Guaranteed Issue rates are available. Click here to view additional information and videos regarding our Guaranteed Issue Benefits.
These benefits include:
- Whole life Insurance: Cash value accumulation and available chronic illness rider (works like long-term care). Coverage available for employee, spouse, children and grandchildren.
- Disability Insurance: Choice of 30 or 120 wait period. Monthly benefit pays up to 60% of salary.
- Critical illness Coverage: Lump sum benefits payable upon diagnosis of cancer, stroke, heart attack and more. Coverage available for employee, spouse and children.
- Accident Insurance: 24 hour coverage (on or off the job). Base plan pricing begins at $3.89 weekly. Multiple benefit triggers. Great for covering deductibles, copays and any additional expenses. Coverage available for employee, spouse and children.
These benefits are:
- Guaranteed Issue*: Benefits can be purchased up to a certain dollar amount of coverage with no medical questions asked. We have secured Guaranteed Issue rates which could not be purchased outside of your membership with SEIU
- Supplemental: Any other existing coverage you currently have or purchase in the future.
- Portable: Coverage can be taken with you if you retire or leave your employer. You will be billed directly with no change in premium.
- Payroll deducted or Direct Billed: Premiums can be conveniently payroll-deducted or withdrawn directly from your checking account.*
- Specifically for SEIU Local 509 Members: Guaranteed Issue rates have been secured specifically for SEIU Local 509 members and their families. These rates and products could not be obtained on an individual basis outside of your membership. We strongly recommend you take advantage of this unique benefit offering.
Please review the attached brochures and information sheets below for additional benefit details on both programs and to submit a quote. If you would like to submit a quote online please click here. You may also contact us directly.
AUTO & HOME INSURANCE PROGRAM DOCUMENTS:
- PDF: SEIU Local 509 – Auto & Home Insurance Program
- PDF: SEIU Local 509 – Auto Insurance Info Sheet
- PDF: SEIU Local 509 – Homeowner Insurance Questionnaire
GUARANTEED ISSUE BENEFITS PROGRAM DOCUMENTS: